Hale Ola Kino has been recognized and awarded as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 10 years! As a member of our team, you’ll be given the resources and support you need to improve your skills and develop a fulfilling career. Hale Ola Kino is a 32-bed skilled nursing community situated on the 2nd floor of One Kalakaua Senior Living. We have been providing Hawaii’s seniors excellent care and hospitality for over 20 years offering progressive rehabilitative, personalized therapy, long-term care, and respite services. If serving those who serve seniors appeals to you, we invite you to join our mission-focused team of professionals.
Human Resources Generalist/Representative
Hale Ola Kino, a 32-bed skilled nursing community recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for the last 10 years, has an outstanding opportunity for a Human Resources Representative to further our tradition of happy residents and happy associates. We have been providing Hawaii’s seniors excellent care and hospitality for over 20 years offering progressive rehabilitative, personalized therapy, long-term care, and respite services. If serving those who serve seniors appeals to you, we invite you to join our mission-focused team of professionals.
As our Human Resources Representative, you will perform all HR and Payroll functions for a small workforce, including recruitment, on-boarding, payroll and benefits, associate relations, performance coaching, progressive discipline, and associate activities/engagement. You will have the full support of both on-site management and the HR team at our management company, Life Care Services. Far from just a job, this is an opportunity to do great work for seniors while learning your craft as a Human Resources professional.
As a one-person HR department, the successful applicant will:
- Oversee the recruitment, screening, and on-boarding process including background checks, new file setup, payroll setup, benefits enrollment, and setup into various systems such as time clocks and on-line training.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll including timesheet preparation, schedules, attendance calendars, and time-off requests.
- Performs periodic payroll reporting.
- Maintains and monitors employee documentation for W/C, FMLA, etc…
- Prepares and distributes monthly calendar.
- Coordinates in-service training.
- Maintains an accurate master list of associates.
- Responds to associate concerns and requests for information.
- Maintains compliance records (ex: OSHA, I-9, PBJ, bulletin boards, etc…)
- Conducts investigations, as-needed.
- Assists Executive Director and Director of Nursing with various duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will have a college degree in Human Resources and 1-3 years HR Generalist experience. If you have a passion for healthcare, senior care, and employee care we want to hear from you.
Certified Nurse Aide (Full-Time/Part-Time and On-Call -ALL SHIFTS)
The Certified Nurse Aide assists the licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living.
- CNA registered in the State of Hawaii.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- 2 Step TB, followed with an annual TB.
- At least 1 year working experience as a CNA in a long-term care setting, preferred.
General Maintenance (Part-Time)
The General Maintenance is responsible for maintaining Hale Ola Kino’s community and equipment in a safe and efficient manner including adherence to current applicable Federal, State, and Local requirements. To be responsible for preventative maintenance, routine servicing, seasonal repairs and changes, community equipment and basic plumbing repairs.
- High school diploma or G.E.D diploma
- Must possess a valid current Hawaii driver’s license and be able to drive to places like Home Depot to get needed parts/supplies.
- Additional trade or vocational school training is highly desirable. Computer skills necessary.
- One year plant/residential/apartment maintenance required, or enrollment in a vocational trade school can be substituted for six month of actual on the job.
- Requires the use of good judgment to follow procedures. Routine duties involve many various procedures.